Thursday, May 1, 2008

First thing this morning

We had a busy morning (already). Josh is home sick today--first time this school year. He had a fever last night and fell asleep on the couch super early. I knew something was wrong when he wasn't bugging me to go outside and play with Garrett. He ate dinner, didn't complain about eating his vegetables even (another sign??), but then did not move from the sofa. This morning he even slept in until 7am, so we decided to keep him home.


The other kids however were in rare form this morning. Anna got a special new dolphin in the mail yesterday from Nana & Poppy. She loves animals anyway, but dolphins are like the holy grail of animals to her! I bet you'll never guess it's new name...Hannah Montana Dolphin! Oh and Anna also wants us to call her Anna Montana. Please help me.


Ben was full of smiles and all kinds of wiggly this morning. John said he would not stay on his back for one minute while he was trying to change his diaper. He is sooooo active now and just wants to go here, get down here, stand here, roll here...etc. I just don't think John was all that into the action this morning, what do you think?



We even had Ben's speech therapist here at 8am for his monthly evaluation. She brought us a Nuk brush to play with and help work with his tongue and other oral development.



There are so many neat things out there to help kids now and it's amazing--catalogs and catalogs of "talk tools". He really didn't care too much about it one way or the other, but we'll try and use it everyday, even for a few minutes and see if it helps.

But amidst all the craziness, I happened to notice my climbing rose while letting the dogs outside. It's amazing to me how much this thing has taken off! And while I realize it's a little wild looking, I've waited so long to have beautiful fragrant roses in my garden that I can't help but love it.

Anna told me that she thinks the roses blooming are a gift to her from Spring. I think so too.

No comments: