Tuesday, October 14, 2008

growing up

i'm sitting here at the kitchen table watching john and anna play a computer game on the couch.

john is helping her with her letter sounds. and she is telling him stories.

like how she told a boy in her class that her "daddy wasn't a boy, he's a man!" and how green apples are called "granny smthinks" and how cassie truitt's daddy can only eat insects!

the boys are in bed early and i think they are relishing their quiet time together.

and i just can't help but sit here and think about how i want her to stay this age forever and never grow up.

i hear her giggles and i don't want her sweet little girl voice to change.

i see her smile and how she beams when she looks at john and i don't want her grow up and have worries and fears.

in fact, i'm not so sure i'm ready for any of them to grow up.




but i am so glad that my life led me to them and that they belong to me.

1 comment:

Building Dave said...

Cassie Truitt's daddy can only eat insects? I am going to have to ask her about that one! :)

great blog (I found you when I did a search for Lil Diva's day out), and Anna looked too cute today!!