Thursday, March 22, 2012

growing up.

josh has been acting like such a big kid lately.
he can fix himself something to eat--like a sandwich or a bowl of cereal.
he showers all by himself.
he does his homework, makes his bed, packs up his snack for school.
he plays outside with his friends, helps ben shoot hoops, keeps an eye out for his sister.
in many ways, he is certainly growing up right before my eyes.


so you can imagine my surprise the other day, when i found two of his stuffed animals on the kitchen counter.
he left them there on his way out the door to ride scooters with his friends.


i stopped and looked at them, and i couldn't help but smile.
one little doggie was still wearing the little camouflage cape that he requested i sew for him.

BIG SIGH.


i am slightly terrified of my baby boy growing up.
i love who he is right now and i don't want that to change.
but then again, i can't stop it from happening and i'm excited to see what he wants to get out of life.

i guess all in all, i just want him to take his time getting there, wherever 'there' may be.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

I've been reading your blog for a couple of months now, but this is my first comment. I'm praying about adoption (and praying my husband's heart changes) and I love your blog! :) My oldest, Alec, is 13. I cried and cried on his 9th birthday because he was "halfway to being out of the house"...my husband still chuckles about that day...but i do have to say, these kids, they just continue to amaze and inspire, no matter what their age. Yes, he's taller than me now, and his feet are much bigger than mine (and stinkier), but gosh I couldn't love him any more than I do. I soooo get where you're coming from with Josh, but just know, every age is MAGICAL!! :)
Jennifer
p.s. I'm praying for your boy far away!!