Saturday, August 4, 2012

saturday.



it's been a day.
the kids continue to pick at each other until they both end up in tears.
they are given second chances, thirds, yet still their mouths can't stop and the tears continue.
i think they are learning things the hard way this summer, that sometimes parents have to be parents and rules have to be rules.
it's a struggle.


the olympics are on and they make me happy.
i love seeing the young faces, all bright and determined...and fit.
ok, confession: i feel guilty eating my after-dinner ice cream while watching uber-toned swimmers, divers and track stars.
i feel like i should be eating a rice cake.
if only i craved rice cakes like i crave ice cream.

tonight ben crawled up in my lap and cuddled with me for a long, long time.
i have no idea how much longer he is going to need me like this but it was awesome.
he barely fits in my lap, and he flopped around like a fish trying to get comfortable, and yet he wanted to be snuggled up with me.
is there anything better?
nah.
not even ice cream.

 



3 comments:

Katie said...

We've been going through extra challenges with Ben this summer, and I think it's called...puberty. (ACK) He turned 11 last month, and his behavior is showing me how much he misses his regular school schedule. Momma is too boring and has too relaxed of a schedule for him over summer breaks. This is an extra loooong one because he just came off of a flex schedule and will be going into middle school. I am so ready for school to start for his sake. I feel terrible guilt over this, and hate the thought of just biding my time until the 27th. We have done some fun things this summer, but I never feel like it's enough. The kids do get on each others nerves, and sometimes I feel like it's time to drag out the workbooks and do some prep work for school. I fear my 8 year old forgot everything she learned! Well, just thought I would let you know that you are not alone.

Joanne said...

My kids argue every single day. But somehow always miss each other whenever they are seperated. Love your pictures!
Blessings, Joanne

Laura said...

BEST picture I have ever seen on a blog.
you win :-)


I miss you
I am glad I stopped by

summer here has been good and great and tough and challenging...

glad I stopped by tonight
you inspire and comfort
love you