Saturday, July 19, 2008

homesick

we had a lot planned last night. while ben boy and john stayed home and slept (lucky ducks), i dropped off josh at his friend bruce's for a sleepover and took anna to a bday party.

we didn't get home until after 9pm! and then while i settled into my comfy jammies and couch to enjoy some 'me' time, ben woke up with a fever. while i tended to him, the phone rang and it was bruce's dad saying josh didn't want to stay there afterall and to please come pick him up.

john went and got josh, all the while josh was complaining to bruce and his dad that his tummy really hurt and that's why he needed to go home. when john was driving him home, josh told him, "my tummy really, really hurt. i must have been sick. i must have been homesick!" and i think he's right. he really was homesick for us. today he kept talking about how much he loves his bed and our couch and our pillows...it was too cute.


my big boy, growing up so fast before my eyes. i'm glad you came home and needed me. because i needed you too.

1 comment:

nana said...

To all of my precious family i wish you would come to my house and visit me. You see, i'm homesick for all of you and miss you soooooo much! Love Nana