Friday, January 22, 2010

why i love shopping at walmart

i admit, most times i shop at tarjay.
but every once in a while, walmart comes through.
BIG.
today was one of those days.

i found the cutest blouses and organic cotton v-neck tee shirts.
the blouses were just like ones you would see at j.jill--for five times more $$$.
the v-necks are perfectly thin and a perfect length too.
i'm so ready to wear them under my jean jacket and cute cardigans.
with capris and flip flops.

you think i have spring fever?
maybe, just a tad.

another good walmart bargain:
this awesome desk is making its way to the office for ME. it's only $119 at the store.


(world's smallest blog picture-sorry. click on the link to see bigger)

yes, it's true. i am buying another piece of furniture from walmart.
shhh, let's keep it our secret, ok?
it's so cute!
and i think it will go great with my newest goodwill find:


it sort of reminds me of a combination of these two lamps...


EXCEPT mine cost $15 ($10 for the lamp, $5 for the shade) and my beloved pottery barn versions each cost $148 ($109 for the lamp and $39 for the shade).

bargain shopping makes me HAPPY!

3 comments:

Mikayla Painter said...

Wow, those are some great finds :) I love tar-jah too! But, like you every once in awhile wal mart pleasantly suprises me. I love love the desk and lamp, so cute!

nana said...

I clicked on the link and it said the desk was $159. Did you get it on sale or something? Love the look and will be perfect for your craft room/MY ROOM! Anyway, see ya'll Tuesday! Love to all,Nana

Kristi~The Slipcover Girl said...

i have spring fever bad! that is a super-cute desk...and i have a lamp exactly like that one that i found at goodwill and i too put burlap on the shade! great minds think alike.