Monday, January 31, 2011

craft!

friday morning i got on a plane and headed to kansas.
to spend the weekend with a bunch of strangers.
and make crafts.

hmmm. sounds a little crazy, doesn't it?


i admit, it did feel a little crazy, even as i made my way through packed airports and in and out of airplanes, it still felt a little crazy.

i prayed on the plane, over and over again.
i reread parts of crazy love and tried to quiet my insecurities.
i rested my eyes and listened to ray lamontagne ease my worries.

kimberlee was waiting for me at the airport.
she greeted me with a shy little wave and a HUGE smile. lots of hugs and a couple tears later, and all was right with the world.

instantly, i felt at home--even with a room full of strangers.
crazy, i know.
but isn't that just how this world works? sometimes strangers can feel like old friends, friends can feel like sisters, and lives can become instantly connected.

and while i'm having the hardest time finding the words that i really want to say about this weekend, i guess what i need to say, first and foremost, is 'thank you'.

thank you to meg for being a gracious and adorable host, for thinking enough of me to include me in this amazing group of women that i respect and love immensely.

much more to come as i wade my way through my thoughts and emotions.
oh, and don't forget about the crafts! i'll be back soon enough.

8 comments:

Georgia Girl said...

Can't wait to read about what all you did! I love those flowers in the picture and it looks like you must have made those there so I look forward to hearing how.

Glad you all had a great weekend!

AshleyAnn said...

I still can't believe I missed my opportunity to grab that hoop and run out the door before you knew it was gone! So wonderful to meet you!

Heather @ Life Made Lovely said...

i'm so happy that you got to experience such an amazing weekend with such lovely ladies!! you deserved to be included. you're fabulous! :)

...Nancy said...

big big big happy dance for your weekend! ~so proud of you!~

Kimberlee Jost said...

I knew we would meet someday...I had NO idea how soon it would be. SOOOOOO glad it was sooner than later. :)

meg duerksen said...

it was AMAZING!!!
i loved being with you.
it felt like i had know you forever.
so so SO great having you here!
i want to see all your pics....post them!!
even if i look like a goth queen.

ha!
tell john thank you for letting you indulge the craziness and GO!

Heather | Cookie Mondays said...

CRAFT! cole & i miss you... but hope you're enjoying john's neck :)

kasey said...

Meg called me and told me my invite must have gotten lost in the mail.
Otherwise....i would have been with you all.
I can craft....ya know.