Sunday, December 4, 2011

little bits.

i was just sitting down to write about our nice and chill weekend.
i did a little bit of decorating and some much needed straightening up.
i maybe kinda sorta made the kids play outside because i just couldn't take the mess any longer.
anyways, just as i sat down and cracked open the laptop, the kids started arguing and complaining, and right now i'm dealing with some serious pouting.
seems to me like it might just be bedtime.
so for now, here are a few pictures from the nice and chill weekend.
despite how it feels at the moment, these are proof that it really did exist.
:)









a couple things to note, quickly...

i made THESE cookies from julie at joy's hope.
they are sooooo good.
you must try them for yourself!

edie is having a linky party for christmas goodies all week long.
i will definitely be checking it out for some foodie inspiration.
check it out here.

i wrapped a bunch of presents today and am feeling quite proud of myself.
but i still haven't found that one perfect gift for john yet.
i need ideas!!
please help!

lastly, thank you for your encouragement about ben's recital.
i'm sure we've all been there.
why is it so hard to do what we think is right for ourselves, why do we feel like we have to please others so much?
something i've really been thinking about lately.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

First of all, your home is just stunning!

And I so relate to the people pleasing side. I struggle with that constantly. Ugh. One day... one day I'll wake up and realize that I love people but that does not mean that I have to change a thing about myself. I just need to keep on loving them... (LOL... not sure if that made sense)

Laura said...

DYING over the bottle brush trees!
I have a serious BIG LOVE for them!!!!!

your home is so warm, beautiful, and full of love.
I am on my way over :-)

stephanie said...

I LOVE everything about your house. I made those cookies this weekend too...YUM!

Danielle said...

I love the merry and bright banner...I NEED IT!! You probably made it cuz you're crafty like that:)