Monday, December 19, 2011

thank you.

wow.
you girls have really come to my rescue!
i am completely overwhelmed by all of your positive and uplifting comments and emails to last night's post.
thank you!

when i was a little girl, my grandmother had a small placard in her kitchen that read "never judge a man until you've walked a mile in his shoes."
i remember thinking, as a kid, that it didn't make any sense at all.
of course now, as an adult, i am constantly reminding myself of just that--i know why my grandmother had it hanging in her kitchen, as a friendly reminder for her!

i think that's what i learned most about this little experience--that we should not assume we understand situations about others when we haven't "walked a mile in their shoes".
it's so easy to make quick decisions, snap judgments, assumptions that we know and understand where people are coming from.
i see it so much in the blog world, i guess because we read about the details of others' lives so we feel like we KNOW them.
but really, what is written on a blog is such a small part of someone's life, just a tidbit really.
we are all guilty of it but i realize now just how hurtful it can be.

so, thanks.
i love and appreciate each and every word of kindness.
makes my heart happy!
:)

{i can't, for the life of me, do two posts in a row without a pic!
here's what my saturday morning looked like, my sunrise view from the sofa.
oh winter sunshine, you are welcome any time!}

3 comments:

Patti said...

okay that's it- get over here to Oregon and decorate my house!!!!

Lisa said...

Can I join you for a cup of coffee on your couch in the winter sunshine? xo

Handbags*and*Pigtails said...

That is one of the coziest blog pictures Ive ever seen. Can I ask a source for that light fixture? Its so different and I love it!