Tuesday, April 3, 2012

party month.

april is a super crazy month for us.
easter!
josh's birthday!
anna's birthday!
then, the end of the school year!
all within a couple weeks.
so i'm trying to plan ahead a little.


anna and i hit up the dollar sections at tarjay and michael's.
we decided on a cupcake themed sleep-over party for her.
josh is thinking maybe a drive-in movie with pizzas for him.
and we decided that maybe we should get the teachers easter and end-of-the-year gifts too.
we decided that gardening gloves, flower seeds and little bird houses (that the kids will paint) are a perfect lovely, and heartfelt, gesture.


all i need to get now are a couple of flower pots--and i'm thinking the kids should paint the teacher's name on the sides just for fun.
one year we did beach towels as a gift and they were loved too.

i think teachers just need something personal and they are happy.
as for me, i just want to make it through this special month with my sanity in tact, so getting an early start really helps.

5 comments:

Laura said...

My birthday is April 24th.


just sayin'

Unknown said...

I love Target's dollar section. It gets me in trouble every time :) They are so good at keeping the inventory fresh.

Shelly said...

I'm stealing the beach towel idea! Love the simplicity and I have 6 teachers to do! You are so crafty!

Danielle said...

So cute Amy!

sbo said...

Hello there, simply become alert to your weblog thru Google, and fosbobetund that it’s really informative. I’m gonna watch out for brussels