jason loves cheesecake--he's famous for it--and he loves anything with pumpkin in it.
i figured it was a win-win situation for me.
but honestly, i had no idea how much he would go gaga for it.
i think i hit a homerun with this one!
the only picture i took before it was devoured.
this recipe is ridiculously easy to throw together.
there are no eggs, no cooking on a stove, nothing scary or intimidating (as some ice cream recipes are).
but it's also so rich and decadent...and hey! you just made homemade ice cream for your family, you rock star, you!
i think you'll like it too.
pumpkin cheesecake ice cream (from iwashyoudry)
- 8 oz cream cheese (room temp)
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup heavy cream, (or whole milk)
- 2/3 cups sugar
- 3 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- a pinch of salt
- whipped cream--if desired
- biscoff cookies or gingersnaps, crushed -- if desired
- place the cream cheese, sugar, sour cream, and pumpkin puree into a large bowl and beat until smooth. add the heavy cream, pumpkin pie spice and pinch of salt, and beat until combined.
- pour ingredients into your ice cream maker and process according to manufacturers instructions.
- when the ice cream is finished you can eat it soft serve or place in the freezer to harden a bit more.
- top with whipped cream and crushed cookies if you want to be fancy.