Sunday, April 27, 2008

Open House

Our heads are still reeling...we went to an open house today and the home was just perfect! Now if only we would hit the powerball! Why do I continue to do this--look at beautiful homes and dream and dream and drive John batty?? Take a look here http://valleymls.com/(e1xpova32fblwfujhe4wjuqo)/propertyDetails.aspx?mls=266013 and see what it's all about. I really think Nana and Poppy need to move in on the first floor and we'll take the next two. Believe me, at a whopping 5000 square feet, there's plenty of room for all of us!!
A couple of other notes...
~Ben is now officially over baby food and only wants to eat "real people" table food.
~He's also drinking from his big boy sippy cup at every meal and can drink from a straw.
~His eyelashes are so long that I sometime wonder if he can see!
~When he sits on my lap and wants something on the coffee table, he'll push with his little legs and stand right up to grab it.
~The scar on his chest is so faint now and sometimes I wonder if his surgery ever really happened. I'm thankful that it seems like a blur now--we found out there are four families in the BUDS (Bringing Up Down Syndrome) group that are going to have their child operated on this summer to repair all different kinds of heart defects. Pretty scary stuff. I wish I could just show them this picture of Ben and remind them that everything will be just fine. Look at that face, isn't it perfect and amazing?

No comments: