Thursday, September 10, 2009

can we talk decorating for a minute?

i was cleaning up my desktop on my computer tonight and opened this picture:


can i just tell you why this is one of my most favorite kitchen pics of all time?
oh, the white cabinets, the incredible light fixtures, the wicker chairs, the upholstered chairs, that gorgeous clock...

i love all of it.
but what gets me the most is the way the kitchen is not matchy matchy.
no cookie cutter kitchen here.
it's the mix, the way it looks acquired over time that makes it special.

this is what i hope to achieve in my home. some day.

it's ok to mix wicker chairs with upholstered.
it's ok to not have matching light fixtures.
it's ok to go BIG with accessories.
it's ok to mix styles and colors and finishes.

do what you love because it's your home. got it? good. :)

whew, i feel better now that i got that off my chest.

3 comments:

Kylie Mc said...

gorgeous!!!

Unknown said...

Ahhh yes, this picture speaks to me, it's just my style! Beautiful!

:) T

From the Kitchen said...

I want to comment on your adorable Ben. I imagine his possibilities to be great. Have you heard of Chris Burke? He was a cast member of "Life Goes On" and is amazing! Check him out if you haven't already. I came to your blog through nienie's blog. She, too, is amazing and inspiring.