Monday, July 25, 2011

brothers.

i caught these two the other day snuggled up on the couch together.
it took everything in me not to cry.
my boys.



there once was a time, a few years ago, when i worried that ben's down syndrome would have adverse effects on my older kids.
that somehow they would be jealous or angry or, heaven forbid, what they might be missing out on by having a brother with a disability.

it just goes to show you how foolish i was!

now i can't imagine what they might be missing out on by having a brother with a disability!!!
funny how that same sentence has taken on such a totally different meaning in my mind...and in our lives.

when i worried the most, i should have been TRUSTING all along.

4 comments:

meg duerksen said...

that makes me want to cry! seriously amy you are blessed. so happy about the giveaway. so happy you are getting closer to davis being home. love your family. hope to meet them all someday.

...Nancy said...

you have a pretty heart. :-)

Renee said...

Those are the moments we treasure. So glad you got to capture one to share with all of us.

Anonymous said...

ya, I did cry seeing those pics! and they aren't even my boys! I can't imagine how amazing that sight must be for you, their mom!