Wednesday, July 27, 2011

waiting.


another reece's rainbow family is in davis' country, in his region, maybe even at his orphanage! this week.
every morning and every evening i am running to their blog and checking fb for their updates.
yesterday i saw the first pictures of their little boy in his mommy and daddy's arms.
i am soaking it all in and my heart is feeling so happy.

it is also making my heart ache.

i want to be there. that is obvious, i'm sure.
we sit here and wait.
the last piece of paperwork needed for our homestudy was submitted six weeks ago.
it could be another month or two until we get the clearance necessary to move forward.


i am struggling.
i am impatient and accept that fact.
but this is crazy town. a lesson that is hard to learn.
we know one day we'll get a letter in the mail, everything will move forward and this time will pass.
i know this.


and so, for now, we wait.
and we watch the others.
while we pray for our turn to come sooner than later.

my heart is aching.
there is a little boy that needs me and i can't get there fast enough.

7 comments:

Katie said...

I'm so glad to have stumbled upon your blog! Ben is absolutely beautiful. I have a Ben as well -- he is 10 and has DS. My passion is advocating for Reece's Rainbow children, like Nicholas 25HA. http://reecesrainbow.org/nicholas-25ha

I will definitely be adding you to my bloglines..it's nice to "meet" you!

www.whereisthumbkin.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Saying prayers that the waiting part isn't so hard on you! By the way, LOVE your pics today. Hydrangeas were my wedding flower and just my favorite…and I love the "You are the best thing that ever happened to me" quote in the first pic because that was my husband and my first dance song…but I often think about how appropriate that line is for my daughter as well…as I imagine you do with your children. Did you make that or buy it somewhere? I love it!

Kayla said...

I know.

meg duerksen said...

i can't imagine how hard it is to wait for him!!!
i hate that for you.

Nataliefalls.com said...

Patience can be so difficult in these times. God is drawing your family closer to himself as you feel so helpless and long to be with your baby. I'm glad my blog has touched your heart, yours has done the same to mine :) I am praying for you and your family. Thank you for your transparency.

Renee said...

Aww friend, I know how you feel all too well. I used to just roll around in it, feeling all miserable and outta sorts, sadness dripping from every word, a real pity party palooza... You get the point. That is when I started or God started me thinking of ways i could help other families...Heck if I can't see my kid I might as well help them get to theirs... It has done wonders for the I feel better about having been at this for a year and still haven't seen Paisley department of my heart...Thinking of you, friend...sending a big ol hug your way...much love, Renee

Unknown said...

Think and pray for you and Davis every day.
Hugs...